Many online streaming apps are available, but most of them are not free to use. Are you tired of paying for apps to get entertained? Why pay when you can easily watch movies and shows for free. Yes, ShowBox is an app that is free to use on FireStick to stream content. If you have an Amazon Fire TV stick, check out the full guide on installing ShowBox on Firestick and Fire TV.
You will see many online streaming apps for free on the internet, but not all are genuine; they may inject malware into your device. When you download it and asks permission, you better read the message. As for normal functioning, the apps don’t need any permission. If you are not downloading apps from the official stores, it might be harmful to your device.
Here, we are talking about the ShowBox app for Firestick and Fire TV.
What is ShowBox App?
Showbox is an online streaming app to watch movies, TV shows, Series, and Sports for free. The app is available for Android devices, but you can install it on Amazon Firestick. Even though the app is free, you won’t see any ads in between, and you don’t need to create an account. Showbox has a huge collection of movies, shows, and regularly updated music.
Features of ShowBox App:
- Free to use and has an easy-to-use interface.
- Subtitles available
- Supports HD quality
- It also lets you download the movies
Let us check out how you can use ShowBox on Firestick and Fire TV.
Steps to Install ShowBox on Firestick and Fire TV
Installing Showbox on FireStick is a little bit tricky as the app is not available on the Amazon App store. So, first, you need to enable the developer options and then move forward. Don’t worry, it’s not that tough, follow the given steps:
- First, open the Fire TV Home Page and go to Settings.
- Now, select the Device option and then click on Developer options.
- Here, Turn On the Apps from Unknown Sources. (If you want, you can turn on the ADB Debugging option)
- Navigate back to the home page and click on the search option
- There type in Downloader and select the downloaded icon to download it.
- Click on the download icon and wait for the app to install
- Once it is downloaded, click on open and run the app.
- It will ask for permissions, click on allow, and then a small window will pop up showing a Guide. Click OK.
- Open Downloader Homepage and enter the URL
https://tinyurl.com/y7gmwtj3 or https://bit.ly/showbox-firetv
- Click on the download link and download ShowBox Apk App.
- As the file is downloaded, click on Next, tap on Install, and wait for few seconds.
Install it on your Firestick and enjoy your favorite movies and shows on the big screen without paying any fees.
How to Use Showbox on FireStick
As you have downloaded the app on FireStick, here’s how to use Showbox.
- Turn on your TV and long-press the Home button on your FireStick remote.
- Now, select Apps and choose Showbox from the list.
- Open the app and start streaming.
Fix Any Error with the App on Firestick and Fire TV
If the App is not working, then force close the app by going to Settings >> Applications >> Manage Installed Applications from the Fire TV menu. You can clear cache or data, which mostly solves the performance issues. Or you can uninstall the app, force stop the app.
Also, check if the app has all the required permissions. Settings >> Apps >> Manage Apps >> Allow Permissions.
Is downloading ShowBox legal?
The app is legal or not depends on your country, as it is available in few regions. It streams content from Torrent, so the content might be pirated and copyrighted, which can put you in trouble if your country does not support the app.
Is ShowBox working Now?
Unfortunately, the service has been shut down due to some legal disputes. So, you can either wait for the service to come back or try out alternatives of ShowBox.
You can install ShowBox on your FireStick and Fire TV with the above-given method. We hope this post was helpful to you.